If you’re wondering how to have a super inefficient and frustrating trip to the grocery store with your family, here is what worked amazingly well for us today!
1. Park in direct sunlight because that is the only spot available, while your baby is asleep in the car seat.
2. Have your husband run into the store to grab the groceries while you wait in the car with your sleeping baby.
3. Have your baby wake up from a deep sleep because you decide that you should turn on the car, which makes a loud beeping noise, to slightly alter the amount that the windows are open (even though the car was already a comfortable temperature).
4. Look in the rearview mirror in dismay to find a red faced, screaming, sobbing toddler.
5. Get a call from your husband that even though he has been in the store for 30 minutes he has zero groceries because someone stole his cart while he wasn’t looking. Side note: shopping at Market Basket is basically participating in the suburban version of The Hunger Games.
6. Wait 30 additional minutes while your husband re-shops for the stolen groceries.
7. Reunite with your husband while your baby continues to scream.
8. Learn from your husband that it turns out his cart wasn’t stolen, but that he actually stole someone else’s cart by accident.
9. Return home with *some* groceries, but not the ones you really need for tomorrow’s Easter fruit salad because Market Basket was out of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
10. Ditch your husband and toddler and head back out to another grocery store that sells fruit.
Was it the Chelsea Market Basket? Because that one is most definitely like The Hunger Games!
Haha nope, it was on the North Shore. Maybe it applies to all pre-holiday Market Baskets!
That sounds like a wonderful afternoon. It’s a good thing Brian was so observant when he got his groceries…I suspect Dad would have quit and walked out and come. home with nothing
Good golly that sounds terrible. One time I did a semi-decent load and realised halfway through I had no form of payment. Baby in tow! Ugh!
Love this! And yes, going to market basket any given weekend can make you question the sanity of the human race but a holiday weekend? You’re just taking your life in your hands… #HappyEaster
So true. I don’t know why we thought we were stronger than the destructive forces of Market Basket…
Krissy @ Pretty Wee Things
Aint that the truth! Haha, I know this far too well!