1. Pick out paint chips at Home Depot with your significant other, while knowing that you have different tastes in paint chips.
2. Take paint chips home and hold them up to your front door, while your toddler whines and cries at your feet.
3. Take a short break.
4. Go back to front porch with paint chips and significant other, while leaving toddler in playroom just on other side of the door for 3 minutes.
5. Hear your toddler start to fuss and decide that you will allow toddler back on porch.
6. Try to open the front door and find out that it’s locked.
8. Stop panicking when you realize that you have a Hide-A-Key.
9. Go get Hide-A-Key calm as can be.
10. Try Hide-A-Key in door and learn that the key is to your old door.
11. Call your parents and ask if they have the key.
12. Discover that nobody has the key.
13. Watch as your toddler becomes frantic on the other side of the door.
14. Call 911.
15. Wonder why on such a lovely day you have zero windows open on your first floor.
16. Get ready to fight your significant other over why the door was locked in the first place.
17. Have your sister come over to help try to find a way in.
18. Watch as your sister walks up to the front door and discovers that it is completely and totally UNLOCKED and sit there like morons as she walks right into your house and toward your screaming toddler.
19. Call 911 and cancel your emergency rescue.
20. Conclude that your toddler can now, apparently, lock and unlock your front door. Awesome. Make mental note that you need to use a deadbolt, and second mental note that you need a new Hide-A-Key.
21. Screw the paint chips. Prepare for a beer.