If your toddler likes music, and you’re sick of him asking for Google or Alexa to play his favorite song on repeat (not that I have any experience with this…ahem) – you might want to consider a CD player. Here are some of the best CD players for toddlers on the market right now.
Not only can your toddler listen to music on their CD player, you can also play audiobooks and nursery rhymes, which are a great alternative to “screen time.”
Things to Consider
There are a few things to keep in mind when trying to find the best CD player for your toddler.
- You’re going to want to make sure to choose a CD player that’s really durable. Toddlers are notoriously tough on, well, ALL THE THINGS THEY TOUCH. So you want something that can stand up to these little maniacs!
- You might also want to consider a CD player with a microphone – your kid will love hearing a recording of their own voice.
- Some of the CD players have headphone options, which, while not essential, might save you a tiny piece of your sanity. So pay attention to that feature if you care about things like “silence” and “peace.” If you’re the “I love chaos and noise in my home” type, then by all means, let those CD players blast music!
(For the record I can go both ways on this one. Sometimes I like silence, and sometimes I can appreciate having music and action in the house).
Best CD Players for Toddlers
The CD players on this list are highly rated, reasonably priced, and toddler or pre-schooler friendly. All of the CD players can be ordered from Amazon, and as an Amazon affiliate I may earn a small commission on purchases at no additional cost to you.
Note: I use the term “CD Player” a bit loosely, as some of these players have USB connections or Bluetooth or whatnot. I’m not a purist here.
Top 11 CD Players for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- This adorable boom box from Singing Wood is portable and versatile: You can play an old-school CD, as well as use the radio function. You can even play music from your smartphone!
2. This MP3 Player and Karaoke Machine has a built-in audio jack, so you can connect headphones for your child. This music player is appropriate for ages 3+. As a bonus, the company has received high praise for its customer service.
3. My kids have always loved this cute Fisher Price “Laugh and Learn” player! This is not a “real” CD player: it comes with its own small disks that play music for young kids. I would recommend this player for younger toddlers, around ages 18 months-3 years old.
4. The Hello Kitty portable CD player has a design that will appeal to young kids. It even has a multi-colored LED light show that plays in time with the music!
5. This adorable classic toy features 10 songs on 5 toddler-friendly records. The case features a carrying handle to make it easy to enjoy some music on the go.
6. This is a highly rated kids MP3 player, which stores up to 16 hours of music. With a lightweight yet sturdy design, this is a good bet for toddlers ages 3+.
7. The VTech “Rock and Bop” is a music player (not a CD player). I wanted to include it on the list because VTech makes some really engaging toys for kids, and this music player is great for younger kids who love gadgets. The player comes with kid-safe headphones that limit the volume to protect the hearing of a young child.
8. This red boombox by Jensen has an appealing old-fashioned design. It has a top-loading CD player, with functions basic enough for a preschooler to operate.
9. The Penguin Karaoke Buddy is appropriate for kids ages 18 months and older. The design is undoubtedly geared toward toddlers, with a cute and very simple interface for kids. This music player has songs built right in, and also features a microphone and LED lights which flash as the songs play.
10. This highly rated kids karaoke machine has bluetooth microphones, so that you can play music right through your phone or tablet!
11. The Trolls CD player is the Amazon’s Choice for kids’ CD player, and has an impressive 4.5 star average rating. The functions are straightforward: this is a standard CD player and radio, with the option to connect other devices as desired. If you’re looking for a top-rated machine without too many “extras,” this could be a great choice for you.
Want A Mothership Down delivered to your inbox? SUBSCRIBE HERE.